To present procedures to be used by faculty members when requesting reproduction and sale of instructional materials.
Individual faculty members may, with departmental approval, develop manuscripts for manuals to be reproduced and sold to students for instructional purposes. The Student Center Bookstore will be responsible for coordination and sale of these materials.
Responsibility: Faculty Member
- Notify Bookstore Manager of manual requirements including applicable course number and required availability date.
- Forward completed Book Request Form and the original manuscript to the Bookstore Manager. Include any special requirements regarding content, art work, or cover/binding.
NOTE: This form must be received in the Bookstore six weeks prior to the date the manuals are needed for classroom use.
Responsibility: Bookstore Manager
- Determine estimated use of the manual (one-time or repeatedly) and negotiate a mutually agreeable quantity to be printed.
- Prepare an Interdepartmental Request (refer to Administrative Policies and Procedures, Section 1.2.04, for detailed instruction) for Printing Services providing all pertinent information and instructions for complete production of the manual including use of Copying Services as required.
- Receive completed manual from Printing Services prior to the start of the course for which it was requested.
- Determine the cost of each manual and apply the standard textbook mark-up to arrive at the selling price.
Notify faculty member that the manual is available for purchase.