To provide a procedure for obtaining additional space that will allow consistent request and approval procedures, feedback to requestor concerning status and action, and coordination with other projects.
A request involving space not currently assigned to the requesting College/Division requires review by the Space Utilization Committee and approval by the President.
NOTE: If a request involves only intradivisional space currently assigned to a College/Division, approval by the appropriate Dean/Division Director is sufficient. Notification of intradivisional changes should be sent to Office of Facilities Planning.
Procedures may be established within the various Colleges/Divisions to expedite the use of these general policies.
Assistance in preparing requests may be obtained through the Office of Facilities Planning.
- Prepare GHSU Space Management Request.
- Transmit, together with any explanatory attachments, to the Dean/Division Director for request approval prior to transmitting to Office of Facilities Planning.
NOTE: Sufficient time should be allowed for review by the College/Division, the Office of Facilities Planning and by the Space Utilization Committee.
Responsibility: Dean/Division Director
- Indicate approval of the request for space and send the request to the Office of Facilities Planning for further processing.
Responsibility: Office of Facilities Planning
- Present the Space Request to the Space Utilization Committee for review and recommendations.
- Obtain necessary approval signatures.
- Transmit to the President the request with the Space Utilization Committee recommendations.
Notify the requestor of action taken by the Committee and President