Students living in Georgia Health Sciences University residence hall facilities are permitted to have overnight guests under the conditions outlined in this policy. Guests are permitted to stay overnight in a residence hall for a period of up to 3 consecutive nights, with a maximum of ten nights per semester. Students must notify the Director of Residence Life of the overnight guest. Overnight cohabitation is prohibited.
Reason For Policy
Overnight visitation in residential facilities may create a more desirable living experience for students but is a privilege that can be abused. This policy is designed to prevent that abuse and states the conditions under which students living in Georgia Health Sciences University residence halls may have overnight visitors.
Entities Affected By This Policy
All students living in residence halls at Georgia Health Sciences University are affected by this policy.
Who Should Read This Policy
All students who sign a contract for a room assignment in Georgia Health Sciences University residence halls must be aware of this policy.
|Director, Residence Life||706.721.3471||mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org://www.georgiahealth.edu/students/campuslife/housing/|
Residence Life Housing Agreement: available through Office of Residence Life
This policy describes the conditions under which students may have overnight guests in Georgia Health Sciences University residence hall facilities. Guests are permitted to stay overnight in a Georgia Health Sciences University residence hall for a period of up to 3 consecutive nights, with a maximum of ten nights per semester.
For students to have overnight visitors in a Georgia Health Sciences University residence hall, the following conditions must be met, as stated in the Residence Life Housing Agreement.
- Space in the residence hall must be available.
- The student extending the invitation must be present during the guest’s stay.
- The overnight guest is acceptable to all roommates.
- The student assumes responsibility for all the guest’s actions, damages, and violations of rules.
- Guest must adhere to all federal, state, and local laws and Georgia Health Sciences University Residence Life policies.
- The student must notify the Director of Residence Life of the overnight guest (e-mail is sufficient).
- Overnight cohabitation is prohibited.
- Guests will be subject to immediate eviction if their behavior is deemed inappropriate. Failure to follow the policy set forth here and in the Residence Life Housing Agreement may result in termination of the agreement by Georgia Health Sciences University.
The responsibilities each party has in connection with Academic, Research, and Student Affairs Policy 6.08, Policy for Overnight Guests in Residence Halls, are:
|Student||Notify Director of Residence Life about having the overnight guest.|
|Guest||Adhere to all Georgia Health Sciences University Residence Life policies and all federal, state, and local laws.|
|Director, Residence Life||Discusses violations of policy with student and makes decisions regarding consequences of a violation.|